Saturday, November 14, 2009

Green like a Lichen

At the end of October, my acrylic set arrived! I was very excited and got to work right away.

I felt that I would be more open-minded with the new paints and less prone to frustration if I painted a subject that I was very familiar with and could study in person at length. I felt that this approach lends itself better to my learning of these new paints.

So, since he is someone I am very familiar with, I painted one of our beloved parrots, a Maximillian Pionus named Gorbash (who was indeed named after the dragon for those nerdy enough to get the reference). He is partially blind and usually has a very slow and calm manner and so was great to draw and paint from life. He sits on top of his cage most of the day and I liked the angle this presented.


Gorbash, 5.5" x 6.5" Acrylic on Illustration Board

No comments:

Post a Comment