Monday, March 15, 2010

Kookaburra

Over a month since my last post! This makes me look like I am falling behind, but I have been hard at work! I've completed four paintings in the interim, but sadly a few of them I cannot share in public just yet as they were entries for different contests. I will be sure to share once judging is complete!

With such tight deadlines and many hours stressing over making paintings that I hope will not be a complete flop, I found that when I finished I needed a short change in pace. Long have I admired kookaburras, and I found myself inspired by a wonderful photograph by Rob and Stephanie Levy (who granted their kind permission further to follow my inspiration..!).

Thus I set out and painted a quick painting of a Laughing Kookaburra; a most amazing and large type of kingfisher. I aimed to keep this fairly quick, fresh, and away from fiddly detail as a way to refresh myself after several very polished paintings.

Laughing Kookaburra - 7" x 13" Acrylic

3 comments:

  1. Again a great palette choice! Looking forward for the contest paintings, and good luck with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice and very striking. So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh woww.... I love your paintings with the bold and bright colors :)
    I'm so bookmarking your blog :)

    ReplyDelete