Friday, August 27, 2010

Print Orders

Hello everyone! Just a quick note to say that I'll be taking orders on a Limited Edition run of "Rise" until September 15th.  These will be super high quality prints. If you're into Gryphons, have a peek for more details!




"Rise" Print orders - Click here for more information!








In other news, I just finished both my Federal and Oklahoma duck stamp entries this month, and now it's time for a brief break from ducks to get some other work done. In process: some more fantasy art, wildlife paintings, and some custom Windstones!

Hope you are all having a great summer. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer, I've been looking at your spectacular work and simply had to say something to you: I've seen about five times already where you've commented "I'm not very good" or something of the sort. I'm sure you're shy and don't want to come across as arrogant, but the objective truth is that you are very good. I'm speaking as someone who has seen work from a lot of scientific illustrators, in real life, not just online. And you are, in fact, very good. Now I'm sure that you think self-deprecation is harmless, but by telling everyone you aren't "very good", you're saying, by implication, that anyone who's not as good as you are is... what? Also not very good? Absolutely horrible? And I can tell you that there are a lot of us out there who aren't as good as you and who still want to try and make a living at this thing. Maybe you've had some odd comments: there are trolls out there. Ignore them. I can't tell you to suddenly start believing that your work is absolutely wonderful. I can tell you that it is, but I can't make you believe it. Either way, I can beg you please, for the sake of every artist who's not as good as you but who up to this point thought that they weren't too bad, stop saying that you're "not very good". It is simply not true.

    ReplyDelete