Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wood Duck

Here's a piece I painted in February for the Delaware Duck Stamp Competition. Judging was yesterday so I can now post the piece here!

This is a drake Wood Duck, gliding across a calm body of water. This painting was based on observation, and several photos I took while on the West Coast in January. Special thanks to my friends Hillary and Damian for taking me to the wild ducks and for lending a camera!

"Across the Surface - Wood Duck", 12" x 15" Acrylic on Hardboard.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Jen. I love ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can almost hear the water, lovely work. I also like the subtle way you painted the duck's foot, it took me a second to realize it was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can not get over how detailed you are! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete